Welcome to the AZ Urogynecology and Pelvic Health Center!
Providing Specialized Care for Female Pelvic
and Bladder Disorders
Female pelvic and bladder disorders such as involuntary urinary leakage, dropped bladder, urgency, frequency, retention, voiding dysfunction, interstitial cystitis, vaginal prolapse, bowel incontinence, recurrent bladder infections, pelvic pain and heavy periods affect thousands of women every year and can have a significant impact on quality of life . You are not alone, we can help. Early detection and treatment of these conditions may lead to better success rates and prevent further damage to the pelvic floor. Call our office now to schedule your consultation appointment.
The AZ Urogynecology and Pelvic Health Center is devoted exclusively to the diagnosis and treatment of all urogynecologic, pelvic floor disorders and complex gynecologic problems. We offer a wide array of advanced diagnostic tools and specialized treatment options.
On this website you will find information and resources to help women with pelvic floor dysfunction. If you have questions that are not answered here, please call our office at 480-889-2654.
Directions to our office: We are located at the Northwest corner of Baseline and Power Rd at the Villages at Superstition Springs Plaza behind “Tropical Smoothie Cafe”. We also have our Scottsdale location at 9700 N. 91st Street, Suite A-103, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 480-748-4351.
Thank you for your referrals. To refer a patient, please call 480-889-2654 and provide this referral form for your patient to bring.
We make sure to provide the following to our referring physicians:
- Best service for patients. Patient satisfaction is our number “1” goal.
- Accommodate patient scheduling needs
- Prompt and timely update and correspondence with the referring physician
- Accomodate referring physician’s Operating Room scheduling needs in combined surgical procedures.
- Excellent and efficient communication with the referring physician office and staff.
We welcome consultations for the following disorders:
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder symptoms
- Voiding dysfunction and urine retention
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Recurrent cystitis and UTIs
- Painful bladder syndromes
- Complications of previous incontinence and prolapse procedures
- Other complex gynecologic issues including urethral diverticula, vaginal agensis/congenital malformations, vaginal fistula
- Intraoptive consultations
Our practice provides:
- Computerized multi-channel urodynamic testing
- Neuromodulation therapy for refractory overactive bladder patients
- Incontinence and pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- da Vinci robotic surgery
- Bladder retraining
- Dietary management
You may schedule an appointment using our online appointment request (click) or by calling us at 480-889-2654 Our online scheduling system has been reinstated and offers security of your information by encrypting your information and sending it over a secure socket link (SSL) connection. Reply email is not secure, however, so we cannot answer specific questions in our appointment confirmation email.
We accept most major insurance plans. For your convenience, we’ve grouped our accepted plans alphabetically below. We want you to be comfortable with your experience with us. If you have concerns about whether your insurance plan is accepted, please call us at 480-889-2654.
- AHCCCS (Care 1st and PHP/Community Connection)
- Administrative Enterprises
- all Handlers Benefit Plan, The
- American Benefits
- Arizona Foundation
- Assurant Health
- AZ Benefit Options
- Banner Choice
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Care 1st (AHCCCS)
- Champus (Tri-care)
- City of Mesa
- First Health
- Great West
- Guardian, The
- Harrington Benefit Option
- Health Net
- Maricopa County Health Plan
- Maricopa Foundation
- Mayo Health Plan
- Mega Life and Health
- Meritan Health
- Mountain States
- Multi Plan
- Mutual of Omaha
- One Health Plan
- Oxford Health
- PHP/Community Connection (AHCCCS)
- Pipeland Benefit Fund
- Principal Financial
- Prudential Health Care
- Quick Trip
- Ran Am
- Schaller Anderson
- Southwest Service Admin
- State Farm
- SW United Food Workers
- The Guardian
- The Al Handlers Benefit Plan
- Time Insurance
- Tri-care Champus
- Trust Mark
- United Food and Commercial Workers
- United Health Care
- United Med Resources
- Wausau Benefits
- Wells Fargo TPA
- Zenith Admin
We want you to be as informed as possible about your urogynecology issues and options. Dr. Akl provides information in print and in video format. View recent articles and videos here.
- How did I get a “dropped bladder”? Your doctor may have told you that you have “a dropped bladder” and this could be the reason for leakage of urine, going …Read More »
- Can Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery Improve Your Sex Life? Can Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery Improve Your Sex Life? Dr. Mohamed Akl of AZ Urogynecology and Pelvic Health Center discusses how pelvic floor …Read More »
- The Truth About Vaginal Mesh A lot of you have might have seen the attorney TV commercials on vaginal mesh. Synthetic meshes are sometimes used to correct vaginal prolapse (e.g. …Read More »